Thursday, March 8, 2012

Leaps and Bounds!

I’m here in beautiful Moab,Utah staying at the Red Cliffs Lodge for training. Our family usually makes a mini vacation out of it, but this year parent teacher conferences really messed that up for us. The last couple of weeks have been full of learning experiences and opportunities that our Father in Heaven has really taught us how to lean into him. The Lord has been so aware of us, the feelings we have had and continue to go through. This has been an amazing journey, I feel like I have finally taken control back where my infertility left me feeling helpless and not in control. Because the bottom line is, when you have infertility, you are definitely not in control.

As we have embarked on this journey of adoption to grow our family I have learned that being actively engaged in searching for our child gives me a sense of control over my infertility. More importantly, we are on a serious quest to find the rest of our family. If your child were lost, what would you do to find him/her? To what lengths would you go? I feel like our child is waiting for us to find him or her. I feel like I cannot leave any stone unturned when searching. I am grateful I am on this journey now that I am older because I am more mature and secure. I feel very little insecurity speaking to people about our active search for a child. Glen has been nothing short of an angel. He has his own feelings he works through and we get to share them together. We are often 2 sides of the same coin. We end up feeling very similarly or we are a support when one of us is feeling less strong. It has brought Glen and me closer together. The other great milestone we have come to is we now have an official case worker. Her name is Kris Hofelinger-Carpenter with LDS Family Services. If you know anyone who is contemplating adoption please keep us in mind and contact Kris Carpenter at 801-240-9436 or at hofelingkm@ldsfamilyservices.org. We are excited to be working with Kris, she has been wonderful, supportive and informative.

We also had Daniela in our home recently for a visit! It was nice having her again after so many weeks of not seeing her. We fell back into our routine and it was like she had never left. When we came to get her we all could see how much she missed us. Of course we all missed each other. I’m so glad we get to visit with her and again and It’s our prayer that she can come join our forever family. I’m including the most recent picture of Dani from our most recent visit. She is getting so big!



1 comment:

  1. I can't believe Dani is 7 months already and will be turning 8 months in about 2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete